Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I May Be Weak, But I'm Never Defeated...

"And I may be weak, but I'm never defeated, and I'll keep believing in clouds with that sweet silver lining."
Today's title and song snippet are from "Sweet Silver Lining" by Kate Voegele

I haven't been around in a week or so, and while I have SO much to talk about, I would like to do my Friend Makin' Mondays blog hop really quickly. After that, we'll get back to the mindless rambling of my life. :D

If you've taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you're new, please take a moment to answer this week's question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers.


 Today's question: What makes you awesome? List at least five qualities/hobbies/habits that make you cool and unique?
1. I'm no superstar, but I can belt out a tune or two.
2. I love to scrapbook.
3. Most days, I like to think of myself as pretty.
4. I am a pretty decent writer.
5. I am one of the best friends you could ever have.


I feel better now that I've gotten that out of the way. Better late than never, right?

Boy oh boy, did I have a fun filled "weekend". 

Monday was the beginning of my "weekend". Two blessed days off from the job. It was wonderful. 
Monday morning was spent in the upstairs office of Comfort's Catering, while I taught Felicia (Monica's mom) how to do the data entry that I was doing. With all the hours that I'm working at Wal-Mart, I'm not able to keep up with their daily invoices and I didn't want them to fall behind. I recommended Felicia, and offered to train her myself. Afterward, we picked up Felicia's daughter Sarah, her friend Nish (she's a foreign exchange student from Indonesia. At least I think that's where she's from), and Felicia's friend Ginger. We all went to the mall to take care of a few errands and to get my my early birthday gift. Shoes! Specifically, work shoes. Standing on my feet all day has really been taking it's toll on my ankles, and a new pair of shoes were in order. After that, we headed to Olive Garden for a quick dinner, and onward to the homestead so I could shower and pick up my room for Brian's visit.

My new shoes
 
The room never did get picked up though. Ha ha.
 
Brian didn't get off of work until 10pm, but he headed right over afterward. We had our weekly classy wine night. Tried two delicious wines that we hadn't tasted before. When I remember the names of them I will post them. You should really try them. Yum! We had a movie recommended to us by his friend. It was a French zombie movie with English dub overs. It was interesting to say the least. I'm still not quite sure I follow that plot. Ha ha.

Tuesday was the beginning of the end of my weekend. Brian and I got up earlyish and went to Michigan City, IN to the zoo. There were no penguins though. :( But even with the lack of penguins, we ended up having a lot of fun.

 
Brian and I in front of the llamas.
 This is my llama face.
We saw lions, and tigers, and bears (oh my!) I wore my new shoes to attempt the beginnings of breaking them in.
There's a bear in there. He was just chilling out like., "Yeah, I'm a bear. So what?"
  
I tried to get a picture of him petting the llama. But the llama moved.

  Brian and I squinting in the sunlight at the zoo!

After the zoo, Brian and I went out to eat at some Mexican place. I don't remember the name of it though.

 I call this Brian's "Kill Batman" smile. :D

I stole Brian's hat. This is a good picture for the reason I don't wear hats.
   After that I got dragged to Bass Pro Shops. Oops, I mean suggested we go to. I always forget that my two favorite things are guns and boats. Probably because those are two of Brian's favorite things. :D

When we got home, it was time to go to the grocery store with Felicia and pick up the makings for dinner. Brian had been talking about making me dinner for months, and when neither Felicia nor I felt like cooking, we decided that it was Brian's chance to shine.We picked up stuff for fajitas (I know, Mexican food twice in one day.) I helped Brian a bit in the kitchen, made strawberry shortcake for dessert, and sat back and watched that gorgeous man of mine cook. The food was excellent, to say the least. Felicia and I voted, and of course, Brian lost. He now gets to cook us dinner once a week. :D

After dinner, Brian's (and I suppose also my...) friend Drew stopped by. We sat around in the basement for a couple hours with a couple bottles of wine and chit chatted for a while. Drew left and it was time for bed because Brian had to be up at the crack of 7am. Ha ha. We decided he should just crash here because it was so late, and we had a few drinks. Woke up at 7am (and being the amazing girlfriend I am), I made him a lunch (dinosaur shaped roast beef sandwich, and a cup of cinnamon apple sauce, with a can of coke), and some coffee to drink on his way to work. 

I had to work today at noon, so I went back to sleep for a while. When I got out of work, I found that the lock latch on my door had once again gotten stuck and my door wouldn't shut. Seeing as how I didn't want to drive home on I-65 holding my door closed (all while steering, clutching, and shifting gears) I attempted to fix it myself. After half an hour, and about five minutes of tears, I called Brian sobbing. That amazing man of mine drove half an hour to my work, tools in hand, and fixed my problem in five minutes. My hero!

There's what's been going on the last few days. I'm happy that I get to share it with you. My life, though it's sometimes full of obstacles, is truly a blessed one. I'm so happy with this life that I'm living.

He's my strength when I feel weak, as cheesy as it sounds.

Thank you for taking the time to get inside of my head.

Sammi

1 comment: