Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm Not In This Scene...

"I'm not in this scene. I think I'm falling asleep, but then all that it means is I'll always be dreaming of you..."
Today's title and song snippet is "Feeling This" by Blink-182

I love Monday's lately. No matter what's going on earlier in the day, Monday nights always make me happy. Monday nights are my Brian nights. I look forward to it every week. The day I hate is Tuesday. Ugh. Tuesdays are so bittersweet. Tuesday reminds me that my time with Brian is short lived until the next week, and he goes home. They make me sad. I love the time that I get to spend with him, but once Tuesday rolls around, I'm just reminded that it's not long until I have to wait another week and I hate that.

This Monday was spent at the kitchen table with fondue. There was a rummage sale next door, and I went searching for a lunchbox for work. I didn't find a lunchbox, but I did find the fondue set I had been talking about for weeks for only $5! I was so excited, I HAD to get it. So, on Monday before Brian came over, I did a small shopping trip for steak, chicken, strawberries, bananas, chocolate, and oil.
We did the oil fondue first. I had a lot of fun, and I think that he did too! Then we did the chocolate fondue with strawberries and bananas. It was just a small thing, but it was so much fun. I did have a misadventure with the chocolate though, and unfortunately burned the first batch. I found some Hershey's chocolate kisses in the cabinet, and I was so sad about burning the chocolate that I sat down and started to unwrap each one on the floor (the chocolate never touched the floor though. That would be icky). Brian, the amazing person he is, didn't question it. He never asked what I was doing, or why I was sitting on the floor doing it. This wonderful man sat down on the floor with me, and started unwrapping chocolate. I am so blessed.

After fondue, we set up my laptop and hard drive to watch movies on. We set it on the bar downstairs, put on our swimsuits and watched our movie from the hot tub while we enjoyed our wine.

We were in bed pretty early (for us anyway), probably went to bed around 1:00-2:00am. Woke up kind of late too. We woke up around 12pm and just lounged around for a while. Left to go to Michigan City zoo pretty late (around 2pm). We ended up passing it completely, and ended up just over the border in Michigan. Too funny. He says now I can't tell him he's never taken me out of state. He's a riot. We turned around, and found the zoo around 3pm. They were open until four, but the ticket booth was closed, so we couldn't buy a ticket. No worries were to be had though! There was Lake Michigan and a beach right across the street!! So we took off our shoes, grabbed Brian's football out of his trunk (I swear, he has EVERY sport imaginable in there!) and headed toward the beach. My PillowPet, Spetznas

We got home around 4:30 and just laid down and cuddled. He enjoys annoying me by kissing my nose. To be fair, every time he does it, I giggle like a little school-girl and he finds this absolutely adorable. He gave Spetsnaz a shirt with his cologne sprayed on it for me to cuddle with before he left to go play basketball.
Brian kissing my nose to make me giggle.


I'm blessed beyond measure.

I sure did enjoy my "weekend" though. Now I'm off to sleep for work in the morning.

Thank you for taking the time to look inside my head.

-Sammi

1 comment:

  1. A good lunch bag is worth the investment. Mine was $20, and I use it everyday. Cost per use, pennies.

    Time to go pack the Slim Fast...

    ReplyDelete